2018 is right around the corner. Literally.
I don’t know about anyone else, but the end of the year is a season of several things:
- Panic: You mean I still have to fulfill on all those things I said I’d do this year? Whaaaaa I still haven’t done that yet?
- Ambition: I can do better next year. I published two books this last year. I know how to do it all now. Let’s try publishing a book a month for all of 2018.
- Voices in my head: Bekah, don’t be an idiot. You will burn out if you write that fast.
- Voices in my conscience: Bekaaaaah, you must read mooooooore.
I finally decided to agree with the voices in my conscience. This year has been one of reading a lot of nonfiction. I read so much about the craft of writing that I don’t even remember who said what in which book. Have I learned stuff? Oh yeah.
But to write good fiction, I need to read it too!
Enter the A-Z Reading Challenge, which was started by someone somewhere (seriously, I should have bookmarked the page and didn’t. Stupid me.)
This is the A-Z Reading Challenge: basically, read a book for every letter of the alphabet over the course of the year.
And being Bekah, the overachiever that I am, I decided that reading a book per letter of the alphabet this year isn’t good enough. I’m going to be reading those books and writing reviews, and also writing “Writing Lessons from *Title*” blog posts.
Not to mention that I have a lot more “lifestyle” blog post ideas.
Ramble over: here’s my TBR list for 2018.
- As a Sword in My Bones: Jessica C. Joiner
- Birthing Ella Bandita: Ivy Montgomery Mahaffey
- Blood of Kings (series): Jill Williamson
- Bow: H. Stinington
- CinderEddy: Kendra E. Ardnek
- Counted with the Stars: Connilyn Cossette
- Dauntless: Dina L. Sleiman
- Do You Take This Quest?: Kendra E. Ardnek
- Dreamlander: K.M. Weiland
- Ella the Slayer: A.W. Exley
- Espionage: Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Fabled: Kara Jaynes
- Fire and Ice Cream: K.M. Carroll
- Flunked: Jen Calonita
- Grounded: G.P. Ching
- Hall of Heros (anthology): A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology
- Honor: Rachel Rossano
- The Hunger Games (series): Suzanne Collins
- In Times Like These: Nathan Van Coops
- Jump: Annie Louise Twitchell
- J.R.R. Tolkien A Life Inspired: Wyatt North
- Kingdom of the New Moon: Aly Clark
- Kiya (series): Katie Hamstead
- The Legacy Human: Susan Kay Quinn
- The Lord of the Rings: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Mercy’s Prince: Katy Huth Jones
- No Dragons, Please!: Annie Louise Twitchell
- Out of the Storm: Jody Hedlund
- Poison Kiss: Kendra E. Ardnek
- Quest of Heros: Morgan Rice
- Remember Typhon: Kimberly A. Rogers
- River of Time (series): Lisa T. Bergren
- Skip: Perrin Briar
- So Sang the Dawn: AnnMarie Pavese
- Twisted: Bonnie M. Hennessy
- Until I Sleep: Lara Ann
- Varick’s Quest: Julie C. Gilbert
- Walls of Arad: Carole Towriss
- White Wolf and the Ash Princess: Tammy Lash
You may have noticed that there are more than 26 books in there (did you really think I could find a book title starting with an x?)
There’s also quite the variety of genres and lengths, and there’s a couple of series.
There’s also a couple of books I’ve definitely read before. But they’re GOOOOOD books, so I’m going back and rereading and making you all listen to me fangirl about them a bit more.
So here goes nothing. One Rebekah DeVall is going to be doing a lot of reading over this next year and, hopefully, a lot more writing.
Tell me about you. What’s on your TBR list? Have you read any of the books on mine? And what are your reading goals for this next year?